Monday, January 12, 2009

Adrea: In the Fog

This was my first fog shoot. It's a toss up if I loved it or not. On the one hand, I got some very moody pictures (which I love) and on the other, I got some grainy pictures (which I could love, if I so choose).

It was nice to have the freedom of a dawn or dusk shoot (not having to hide out looking for reflected light) without getting up at 5am, and I loved the result - but that might just be because the family was not only fun, but totally up for the art factor... so I went a little art crazy with them.

odd one to include, right? But somehow it captures parenthood... the individuality of the kids, the organized chaos, and mom (or dad) in the thick of it.
There were other options where the kids were a bit stiller - but I thought this probably exemplifies their life best - taking the time for a quick smootch before the kids go in four different directions
Alec here at the front wanted NOTHING to do with sitting still. So, being the difficult one, he ended up with the most usable shots - isn't that always the way?

This is a standard shot, yes, but I love it because both Dad and Daughter's faces just changed when they stood for this shot. I'm thinking a guy is going to have to be pretty brave to ask Sophia out... and I'm guessing her brother's will trail them anyway.

No comments: