Sunday, June 13, 2010

Adrea: Another Favorite


so it goes ALL by itself.

You know, my favorite of all favorites seem to be couples moments. You wouldn't peg me as a romantic, would you? Unless you know of my fervent Harry/Ginny ship...

Another note. I appointed a critic (aka my mom) to take a pass at my galleries before I send them to clients - so she can tell me that actually some things I thought were great look ridiculous or she catches any number of things. She has a passion for centeredness however that I do not share.

So of course the above picture went on her radar. The problem is, usually about a month after a shoot I look back and more often than not, end up agreeing with her. This time I really really like the off center. I checked with the client (since we are friends, it didn't sound like I was digging for reassurance... I hope) and client likes it off center (is she just saying that? we'll never know).

The question becomes... what will IIII think in the long run? So far, I am snobbily retorting that though the couple is off center, the hall is dead center... so it works. But... time will tell.

1 comment:

diane said...

It is not the "off center" as often as the WRONG side off center...that bothers me. This one is acceptable because they are facing into the frame(i.e. coming into the picture).

When the subject is facing any side and the empty space is behind them - THEN I want it centered.