Friday, April 3, 2009

Adrea: Sooooo Close


Have you ever seen the blog - cake-wrecks? I've been thinking I should have a section of photo-wrecks on my personal blog... only it be my own work not people I've found (though believe me I'm snobby enough to swing it).

To be a photo-wreck in my opinion, it can be... just a dreadful idea, or awfully executed, or good-intentioned but failing awfully in some way OR... the most DREADED of all photo-wrecks for ME personally - the "SOOOO close to perfection" wreck.

The series of photos of Wesley and Julia are like that. They were SO cute. But my 50mm is out at the shop and I was using an unfamiliar lens and... excuses, excuses, the photos are most focused at Wesley's KNEE. UGH, TRAGEDY!!! SO I wasn't going to post them. (even though I know most of you can't tell and don't care, I can tell and I care.)

Then, I thought, well, if clarity isn't possible (not even photoshop can really truly take a fuzzy photo and make it razor sharp)... then I can artsy it up to the point where clarity isn't my focus (no pun intended). I still wouldn't submit it in my portfolio, but I feel like I salvaged enough to be happy with.


2 comments:

diane said...

Looks pretty good to me.

Dave said...

I don't think I've ever told you this, Adrea, but I love your photos.

Thanks.